Monday, March 29, 2010

Words of Comfort

As I was reading "Secret Believers" this morning I ran across a few paragraphs that I wanted to share.

There is a Arab Christian man (Butros) who moved to America for college and has now decided to follow God's call to return to his home country to spread the word of Jesus. He knows that the scripture says that every person in the world has a right to hear the gospel, but he is weary. He feels vulnerable. But wasn't Jesus vulnerable? He feels inadequate and confused. But didn't Jesus have bouts of doubt and insecurity?

Butros met with Brother Andrew where he brought up his concerns. Brother Andrew told him, "Remember, you aren't alone. The Holy Spirit is with you. He will guide you. He will raise up others in the country to work with you. And in time you will meet others like you who are serving..." "When people hear what God is doing through you, they will want to pray and give of their resources. If you obey God, He will provide all that you need to do his work."

How comforting is that? To have that reassurance. These are words that I will carry with me throughout our trip. I will push away those evil thoughts and lean on The Lord. He wants us to need Him.

GENESIS 28:15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go... I will not leave you.

-Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment